Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where will she fit in...

Mo has Taylor and I have Maysen… I was so excited when I realized I was pregnant.  I want a huge family.  As the days, weeks, months, went by I obviously started thinking more and more about this little baby growing inside my tummy.  With every little kick, every little punch and every hiccup I wondered what this baby would be like.  Boy or girl really didn’t matter, either way where was it going to fit in.  I mean Mo and Taylor are best friends and Maysen and I are just alike, did we have room in our lives - in our hearts for this baby… where was she going to fit in.  I believe in God and I know he has plans for me, what they are can only be seen day by day.  Well Claire Rose was born January 28 and our worlds changed forever.  I sat in the hospital room with my family waiting and waiting for them to bring her to me.  She was having a little trouble breathing so the wait was killing me because I was so worried about her.  I kept sending Mo down there every 10 minutes to check on her.  We all wanted to see her, to hold her, to kiss her.  That is when I realized she doesn’t have to fit in; there was already room for her in our world.  She wasn’t going to have to adapt to us, we were going to have to adapt to her.  Not just late night feedings or diaper change but her personality.  We were going to turn our world upside down for that little 6lbs 10oz girl and be over the moon about it.

1 comment: