Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My letter to Tessa

Marriage is not happily ever after and those people who say it is are liars. Marriage is sitting in the same room and being in two different worlds. Marriage is not calling a lawyer the first time you get into an argument.  Marriage is not being "in" love every day the rest of your life, marriage is falling in love over and over again. There will be times you look at Lee and suddenly realize what an awesome, hot and terrific person you decided to spend you life with.

People will say "never go to bed mad". Hell I've went to bed mad lots of times and one of two things happen; either A: I wake up in a better mood and have a terrific day or B: I wake up refreshed and ready to win the damn argument.

Also if you ever find his socks next to the clean clothes basket, just assume the are dirty and wash them. NEVER SMELL THE SOCKS, just assume they are dirty.

This has worked for me for over 20 years. Good luck Tessa, I pray for the best for you and your new family. I hope y'all find your semi happily ever after in the real life kind of way.

Life is what you make it, so make it great.

Love you, Kate

Life is what you make it, so make great.

No comments:

Post a Comment