Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Respect


The other day we went to get some crawfish from Mo's uncle. It was 107 and my moping pregnant butt wasn't getting out of the air conditioned truck while he got these crawfish.  His aunt and uncle are very sweet, awesome and hardworking people; unfortunately his aunt has suffered with cancer for many years now.  His uncle being the awesome person he is came out to the truck to tell me and the kids hello. As soon as I opened the window a blast of hot Texas air took over the truck. He tried to talk through the window but I instead opened the door for this man who was working out in the heat as I sat my lazy butt in the air conditioned truck.  Seeing this, his wife come running out of the shade to say hi as well. He firmly fussed at her and ordered her back to the shade before she even made it to the truck. She smiling lovingly and went back to the shade. Mo and I watched all this from the truck. Tio said good bye and we left. As we were driving down the road I looked at Mo and saw admiration and respect on his face for the love and respect his aunt and uncle have for each other; and a tear in his eye because he knows I love and respect him as well but that if he ever ordered me to go do something I would probably just do the opposite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment