Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Perfect Day

Sadly, we do not have a nightly bedtime routine, we should since we have 3 children one of which is school age.  I however have a routine once I get into bed.  I sway my hips back and forth trying to put myself to sleep.  An annoying habit yet I can’t fall asleep without rocking myself lol.  I then go over every event that happened that day in order of importance and ask myself questions… did I hurt anyone’s feelings today (if the answer is yes, did I mean to); did I do all I could today (the answer there is usually no and if you have seen my house you believe me); did I make my children smile as much as they made me smile today>>> that answer is always no it seems.  They make me smile so much it would be impossible to show them how happy they make me.  I look at them and am in awe at the fact that those are my little people… my little people I made.
Today we went to the Bluebell factory and it was awesome.  Not the tour itself, in fact that was a little boring… just a bunch of machines.  But I got to spend the day with Taylor, Maysen, Claire, Melanie and Tina.  I honestly think the kids were more excited about seeing Melanie that going to the Bluebell factory.  After the tour you get a scoop of ice cream and guess what exotic flavor my kids choose… Homemade Vanilla.  Taylor says he is going to college in Brenham and working at Bluebell because the lady told him he would get to eat all the ice cream he wanted FOR FREE. 


We then went to the water park and only stayed about hours but it was so relaxing and fun to just hang out.  Maysen is getting braver after her accident at Serendipity and Taylor is swimming so well.  Claire loves the water and loves splashing it even in her own face and Melanie is a little fish it seems.  The day couldn’t have been any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment